2014年8月23日土曜日

Stories so far about installing arch linux on my hp chromebook 11

Stories so far

Before I try to install arch on my chromebook again, let's recap what I've done so far.

References

I followed these blog and video to install arch on my chromebook and it seems successfully installed but after install when I run post-install.sh for installing some packages some packages failed to be installed. After that I tried installing some packages on my chromebook. Some were successfully installed (python, ruby) but when I tried to install mate and xorg something wrong happened especially lightdm and xorg (after installed xorg I couldn't start arch because the screen blink forever and refused any command).

What is to be tried next?

When I failed running post-install.sh problems occured because I couldn't reach to the mirror server. It occurs when I tried to install packages manually by pacman and it was solved by modifying the mirror server list by editing /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist. So if I edit mirrorlist to set several mirrors, it may solve the problem when running the post-install.sh.
Another thing I should try is to understand post-install.sh and install.sh both are here on github.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿