2014年8月4日月曜日

Reinstalling Arch Linux to my HP chromebook11

Yesterday, I failed to install arch linux to my HP chromebook11.
I followed the video and blog but it was not successful.
Maybe I failed to follow some steps so I try again.

Go back to start line

I reformatted my USB on my mac and I also need to restore my chrome book since I installed arch yesterday not only to my USB but to my chromebook.
After I searched, I found chromebook powerwash. I firstly thought I have to restore chrome os by rebooting from USB, but powerwash seems to do the job easily.
So let's do it!

powerwash

  1. Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.
  2. Select Settings and click Show advanced settings
  3. Find the "powerwash" section and click Reset
  4. In the dialogue box that opens, select Restart
Actually, third step's there was no reset in powerwash section, instead there was powerwash.
I pushed powerwash and it asked to restart so I select restart.
Then it restart and show big exclamation mark probably because I'm still using it as dev mode so I hit ctrl+D and Chromebook says "powerwash is in progerss". So far so good.

Set up chromebook again and confirmed it was all cleaned up!
Now I can start from the beginning.

Install Arch Linux to HP chromebook11 [again]

Go to chrosh by ctrl+alt+T ( video using ctrl+alt+F3 different from blog but I stick with blog version )
From now I record all steps.
  • Become the 'root'
    >> sudo su -
  • Enable booting from USB stick
    >> crossystem dev_boot_usb=1 dev_boot_signed_only=0
  • Change to the root user home
    >> cd /home/root
  • Download install.sh script
    >> wget https://raw2.github.com/omgmog/archarm-usb-hp-chromebook-11/master/install.sh
  • Insert USB stick and dismiss the window
  • Run the install.sh
    sh install.sh /dev/sda
  • Finished run install.sh execute commandreboot
  • When reboot ctrl-U to reboot from USB
  • login as root alarm login: root
  • do wifi-menu mlan0
  • update pacman and install wget
    pacman -S wget
  • download post-install.sh
  • run post-install.sh
  • some error occurred
    1. some packages couldn't installed by error
    2. prompt says There are 14 members
  • So this time also installation doesn't work. After searched comments of omgmog's blog, found that some packages have some problems for installing. If those problems are fixed, it should be fine to run arch linux on my chromebook.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿