2017年7月13日木曜日

new laptop (lenovo Thinkpad X250) Windows 10 Arch Linux Dual Boot

I bought new laptop lenovo ThinkPad X250 installed Windows 10 professional edition.
It was second hand laptop I found in sofmap Kobe.
It has Intel core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD and price was 66000 Yen (roughly $600).
I didn’t need it immediately but its spec and price was appealing to me so I bought it.

Here is record of installing arch linux on this machine.

machine

Lenovo Thinkpad X250

Referenced YouTube video

I know official Arch Linux website strongly insists that we should follow official installation guide especially if you are a newbie and discourage to just follow random YouTube installation video. I totally agree about that. I totally agree about that. I referenced this YouTube video but I also read official installation guide too and understand what’s going on in each steps in video since I had installed arch linux several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METZCp_JCec&index=4&list=LL03LrP6XqyadZqZ_ruB3bjg

Installation process was almost same as shown in referenced YouTube video. The process was really smooth because I had done before and better understand the installation process than I was complete newbie.

The major difference from previous my installation was it’s dual boot system with windows 10. So I need to create free partition for new arch linux on windows system and I don’t need to create efi boot partition because it’s already there.

After Installation Packages

  • grub
  • efibootmgr
  • intel-ucode
  • xfce4
  • dialog
  • lightdm, lightdm-gtk-greeter
  • xorg
  • iw
  • wpa_supplicant
  • os-proper
  • firefox
  • Emacs
  • Terminator
  • git
  • sudo
  • wpa_actiond
  • i3, dmenu
  • rxvt-unicode, rxvt-unicode-terminfo

TODOs

  • Configure sound
  • Configure finger print
  • Configure monitor brightness

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿