2014年9月1日月曜日

Yeah! I made it! Successfully install and setup arch linux on my HP Chromebook 11

Since it seemed that I lost boot.scr.uimg in someway, I forked archarm repo and added line to download it in install.sh (github repo)
And in installation process, used my install.sh and it worked! I successfully install arch linux on my chromebook and boot on it again.
I came here last time and failed post-install.sh. So this time I didn't use post-install.sh. Instead I installed packages by hand one by one for each packages in post-install.sh. Also I edited /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist to comment out geo location based mirror selection and use Singapore, Taiwan and California.
After installed all packages successfully (sometimes systemd-journald.service got watchdog=1 message scared me but wasn't cause serious problem also I got kernel panic when I run pacman -S mate this also scared me but wasn't cause serious problem.).
Because I failed many times and take long time to come so far I couldn't feel it's gonna work even though all packages seem to be installed without problem.
I rebooted the system. After some text lines flowed as usual, graphical interface appeared to require login info. I logged in as root. The desktop appeared!! I finally got my first linux laptop!!

note: I also found an error in post-install.sh. the line echo "exec mame-session >" should be echo "exec mate-session"

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿